Friday, August 04, 2006

Welcome to this site

If you have already read this post, click here.

Greetings! My name is Donald Sensing. I am the pastor of Barth Vernon UMC in Nashville.

Earlier this week I asked Tom Nankervis, editor of the Tenn. Conference's email listserv, whether he thought it would be helpful for the Methodists of Tennessee to have me try to make sense of events being reported about the war between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon. He agreed and so this site was born.

I am a retired US Army officer who entered the ministry afterward. Among other places, I served on the Army Staff at the Pentagon as a plans officer and I am a graduate of the US Army Command and General Staff College.

On this site I will try to broaden the context of events reported from Israel and Lebanon. I will try to stick to relevant facts, place them within a broader context, and will make every effort to identify opinion, whether mine or another's, as such.

This site is a "blog." That means that its entries, called posts, are arranged in reverse chronological order, meaning the newest post is always on top. A number of posts will be visible on the home page and posts older than a week are archived. They can be read by entering the archives page.

Finally, let us keep the peoples of Lebanon, Israel and Iraq especially in our prayers, and pray that God's justice will finally be established in the Middle East so that peace will reign at last.

Now, please click here to go to the main page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home